CAEP Funding Option
What government funding is available for specialised footwear?
The government can provide funding through the Community Aids and Equipment Program (CAEP) if you qualify.
Where can I get more information on the CAEP funding scheme?
Please visit the Disability Services Commission website or contact Perth Surgical Shoemakers and Wembley Shoes for more information.
If you need a CAEP doctor referral form, visit the Disability Services Commission website and download the latest CAEP referral form.
Who is eligible for CAEP funded footwear?
In order to qualify for CAEP funding you need to comply with the following three points:
- You must have a long term or permanent disability;
- The footwear needed is essential for independent functioning and/or functional care at home; and
You must be a holder of one of the following cards:
- Centrelink Pensioners Concessions Card;
- Health Care Card;
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card;
- DVA Pensioner Concession Card; or
- DVA Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.