Our custom orthotic insoles are designed to resolve or provide relief for a broad range of foot-related conditions.
Known as orthotic insoles, the custom-made orthotics we make at Perth Surgical Shoemakers are designed to be worn inside footwear to provide support, comfort, alignment relief and assist in the prevention or potential correction of foot deformities. Custom-made orthotics may also be used to aid the function and mobility of the body.
Custom-made orthotics have many benefits. They can resolve or provide relief for a broad range of foot-related conditions, including:
- Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spurs
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Ankle Pain
- Knee Pain (due to pronation)
- Lower Back Pain
- Bunion and Hallux Valgus (progression)
- Calluses and Corns
- Charcot Foot
- Deformity or plantar prominences
- Diabetic Foot
- Metatarsalgia (painful metatarsal heads or soles)
- Leg Length Discrepancy (less than 8mm)
- Achilles Tendinitis
Perth’s Orthotic Insoles Specialists
During your orthoses assessment appointment, we will perform a thorough foot/ankle assessment as well as a gait analysis and provide you with our honest opinion as to whether or not orthotics could provide any benefits for your medical condition.
If it’s agreed that you need orthotic insoles for your footwear, the process of making your custom orthotics is as follows:
- Plantar impressions are taken of your feet using sand-filled vacuum bags or foam impression boxes, a process that takes less than 5 minutes. This step is crucial in creating customised orthotics for plantar fasciitis, although it is always the first step in designing orthotic insoles for any orthopaedic condition.
- Once we have the casts of your feet, the vacuum bags are filled with Plaster of Paris to produce the positive casts. These casts are then modified if required to provide extra support, and provisions will be made for painful prominences that require extra cushioning.
- Our orthotic insoles are manufactured by moulding flexible EVA or rigid polypropylene over the positive modified casts using a vacuum oven.
- The top covers for our orthotics can be customised to suit your requirements. However, most orthotics are covered with washable material such as PPT/Poron or Spenco (both memory foams) to provide additional cushioning. The thickness of the cushioning depends on your individual requirements and may depend on the footwear to be worn with the orthotics. We’ll meet your unique footwear requirements by offering custom sports orthotics, cycling orthotics, running orthotics and more. Orthotics can also be covered with leather on top of the cushioning material, mostly for use in orthotic-friendly sandals.
- Because our orthotics are produced in-house, they are very competitively priced and can be manufactured in less than four working days.
Our certified pedorthists and surgical shoemakers will assess your needs and custom make your orthotics for a perfect fit. For more information to see if you need orthotics, contact our team at Perth Surgical Shoemakers today on (08) 9387 5507.